Time to tidy
Now that the Christmas and new year holiday season is over, you may have noticed that you have more things in your home than you have the space for. Having spent so much more time at home over the last few years, it’s easy to see how stuff just builds up. It’s OK, now is a great time to de-clutter.
Over time we seem to accumulate stuff, especially when the kids are home a lot. We keep buying more things to keep them entertained. Eventually, we end up with lots of possessions that we either no longer use or that we only use sometimes. As our houses and apartments are getting smaller and smaller just we have less space at home to store everything. The good news is that you don’t have to get rid of everything at once to make space, you can just store it. Month to month storage adds the flexibility of being able to store for as long as you need.
The benefit of using self storage to de-clutter is that you are not tripping over things stored in the garage and you don’t have to re-organise everything every time that you want to use a specific item. You also have access to it whenever you want it, even on public holidays, and you can store for only as long as you need to.
To help start the de-cluttering process, here are 5 expert tips:
1. Start by quickly gathering the things that you want to donate or get rid of. This will get the momentum going.
2. Break it down into smaller jobs with time constraints. This will make it easier to manage than looking at it as one big job.
3. Selling things takes a lot of time and effort, consider donating things you don’t need to a charity that supports a cause that you really care about.
4. Ask for help from someone that you trust.
5. If there are items that you are not sure that you want to get rid of, you can put them in a box and set a date to re-check them and see how you feel about them later.
If you need affordable and convenient self storage use the links below to find a site and get an obligation free quote.