Self storage for business
Whilst 2021 is an improvement on 2020, it is still turning out to be another year of pandemic uncertainty, which can be financially hard on small businesses. Fixed costs and expenses can be much harder to cover when the customers suddenly disappear. One of the biggest costs of running a business can be renting space for storage and logistics. Unfortunately, some businesses are locked into expensive long-term leases that leave them scrambling to find money when times are tough. Fortunately, storage units offer a flexible alternative to traditional business warehousing and storage. The best part is the hassle free ability to increase or decrease your storage size as you need, so you only pay for space you use.
The commercial real estate market is expensive, not just because of the high monthly rent prices, but all the extra fees and costs. You need to pay for your own security, utilities, and repairs. Whereas, self storage is a great choice for warehousing and commercial storage, because everything is included in one low monthly price. Above all, you can up-size, downsize or cancel your storage at any time. This is helpful for small businesses and also larger businesses looking for a short-term place to store extra stock.
Commercial lease vs. self storage.
- Significant legal costs involved in negotiating mutually agreeable lease terms.
- A commercial lease requires a significant security bond from the tenant.
- Annual rent increases written into the lease with no flexibility for businesses in difficult circumstances.
- Tenants need to pay extra for cleaning and security.
- Tenants may also be required to cover some or all the costs of the building insurance as part of their lease.
- Landlord can choose not to renew an expired lease, leaving you to find a new location and go through the whole process again.
- No annual rent increases.
- No security bonds.
- No cleaning fees.
- No water, electricity, or gas bills.
- Flexibility to upsize or downsize.
- Monitored CCTV security, movement sensors, and smoke alarms included in the price.
- No lock-in contracts, just month to month storage for as long as you need.
Self storage is a great choice for any business that needs flexible storage at a low cost. Pay only for the storage space that you actually use and take more control over where your money goes. With Fort Knox Self Storage there are no hidden fees and no bond. The price you are quoted is the price that you pay, and that is the kind of certainty that a business needs in times like these.